Sunday, August 21, 2011

On-line and ready to write!

Do you remember getting a new book as a kid? I do. I would tote my new find around the bookstore and literally smell the pages---strange, huh? While I admit I was probably a good candidate for therapy, I was so mesmerized by the promise of those pages I wanted to take them in with all of my senses. I couldn't wait to discover the storyline, the characters I would meet, the setting it would take me to.


That's how I feel today. I'm embarking on a blog---it's a new adventure for me. I'm excited to meet new friends, learn new things, and I hope it takes me new places.


My goal for this blog is to mix writing with life. To write about my life---from the consequential to the inconsequential, and to show a little about my life and journey as a writer.

I have always loved a good road trip---the sound of the miles swallowed up under the tires, the music belting, and especially the company of good friends. I hope you'll hop in and join me on my journey. Until I get the feel of the road, we may run into a few bumps along the way, but then I hope it will be blue skies and good times.


The muscles of writing are not so visible, but they are just as powerful:

determination, attention, curiosity, a passionate heart.

--Natalie Goldberg

No comments:

Post a Comment